WOW! Spring is officially here!! April showers do bring May flowers, but there’s still time to take your dog outside to play! With the warm-up ahead, we all want to socialize with friends and family. Is your dog ready?
Do you have a new puppy who needs some basics, or does your adult dog need a “tune-up”? It’s a great time to get started, and the best time to teach him what YOU want him to know!
Capitol Area Dog Training and Behavior Consulting offers personalized dog training and behavior modification programs that give you practical, efficient and effective solutions, taught without pain or punishment. All private programs begin with an initial consultation, to learn more about your goals and your dogs’ challenges, and all sessions are held in your home at convenient times that best fit your schedule.
Does your dog bark excessively, jump up on guests at the door, steal food off the counter or run out the door when he gets the chance, and not come back when you call? Do you have a shy, fearful dog who hides when family members or visitors come?
Do you have a shy or fearful dog who panics when you leave the house, who lunges toward other dogs while walking on the leash, or over-reacts around strangers and children?
Help is available!
Capitol Area Dog Training and Behavior Consulting offers:
- Personalized Training and Behavior Modification plans for solving complex behavioral issues. Shy and fearful dogs are my specialty!
- “Good manners” training for family pets
- Dog 101/New Puppy 101 Plans: 6-8 weekly, in-home coaching sessions that cover all the basics, for those new canine family members who need to learn the rules or older dogs who need a “tune-up”.
- Day Training, concentrated sessions for your dog when you just don’t have time to train
- Single, 2-hour, problem-solving sessions available to solve those common problems (like walking without pulling, coming when called, and potty training)
- New pet adoption/New puppy selection counseling and temperament testing
- AKC Canine Good Citizen and Star Puppy training and testing.
- Treibball classes, coaching and workshops available.
- Email or phone consultations.
- Remote counseling sessions are available for out-of-area clients, via video and Skype.
Visit the Training Services tab to learn more about each individual program, the Success Stories tab to see some testimonials from my satisfied clients, the Treibball tab, to learn about the fastest growing dog-sport in America and the Graduates tab to see the great faces of owners and dogs who’ve overcome some of the same challenges you may be facing now.