WOW! The holidays are upon us! Is you dog being naughty, or nice?
If your house is anything like mine, it will soon be buzzing with family and guests, happily sharing the joys of the season. How will your dog react to all the season’s social activity? What about that all those goodies just waiting to get snatched off the counter? There’ll probably be a lot more noise, maybe strangers coming in and out and more excited children running through the house. Now’s the time to get a head start on that New Year’s Resolution to get your adorable rascal some better manners!
Whether you’re getting a new Christmas puppy or your adult dog needs a “tune-up”, it’s a great time to get started and the best time to teach him what YOU want him to know! Gentle, effective, science-based training and behavior modification can help you head potential problems off at the pass.
Capitol Area Dog Training and Behavior Consulting is offering attractive gift certificates available for holiday giving. (A great gift idea for that neighbor, with the naughty dog on the other side of the fence?)
Call (240) 780-8408 today for details, and to reserve your space!
Capitol Area Dog Training and Behavior Consulting offers personalized dog training and individual behavior modification programs that give you practical, efficient and effective solutions, taught without pain or punishment. All private programs begin with an initial consultation, to learn more about your goals and your dogs’ challenges and all sessions are held in your home at convenient times that best fit your schedule.
Does your dog bark excessively, jump up on guests at the door, steal food off the counter or run out the door when he gets the chance, and not come back when you call? Do you have a shy, fearful dog who hides when family members or visitors come, or over-reacts around strangers and children? Help is available!
Capitol Area Dog Training and Behavior Consulting offers:
- Personalized Training and Behavior Modification plans for solving complex behavioral issues. Shy and fearful dogs are my specialty!
- Dog 101/New Puppy 101 Plans: 6-8 weekly, in-home coaching sessions that cover all the basics, for those new canine family members who need to learn the rules or older dogs experiencing new issues or who just needs a “tune-up”.
- Day Training: concentrated sessions for your dog when you just don’t have time to train
- Single, 2-hour, problem-solving sessions are available to solve those common problems (like walking without pulling, coming when called, and potty training)
- New pet adoption/New puppy selection counseling and temperament testing
- AKC Canine Good Citizen and Star Puppy training and testing.
- Treibball classes, coaching and workshops available.
- Email or phone consultations.
- Remote counseling sessions are available for out-of-area clients, via video and Skype.
Visit the Training Services tab to learn more about each program, the Success Stories tab to see some testimonials from my satisfied clients, the Treibball tab, to learn about the fastest growing dog-sport in America and the Graduates tab to see the great faces of owners and dogs who’ve overcome some of the same challenges you’re facing now.